Sunday, May 10, 2009

A letter from Perry De Costa

Life is so interesting. Here I was on the Google search looking up Tibor Rudas and found this page. Christa Kinsler (not sure about the spelling), and Laszlo (Lotzi) Szarka, his wife and two kids Robbie and his sister were all there (and yes, there were children then), nevertheless, I am amaze to find Chris and Lotzi daughter, I presume. The brilliant Candy, Chris sister, she was the most amazing lead acrobat we had. Then there was Thelma Beckford, Carla, Rohnda, and so many others. Chris, I was there when you and Sharon 'Poochie' Dupuch was getting into the snake and fell and crack your rib. I was the one who wrestle the snake, i was also the one in the living screen with you and the ranting, raving sailor who spoke back to the screen then disappeared into it. "Nights of The Buccaneers", was a masterful creation by Tibor Rudas. Ron Walker his choreographer, along with Pat and Nora Walkes were there as well as choreographer. I have so many wonderful memories; yet, some have left us like Laszlo, the most patient man ever; having to deal with Tibor ranting and crazy moods (but a great man himself), Lotzi was so loyal. I wish you all the very best that life has to offer. i am back home in The Bahamas and loving it. I also was just speaking about Ian McClearin, yesterday (Friday, 8, 2009) and his new wife (since 2002) Joanne Funakoshi. Chris, i still have a wonderful photo of you sitting on stage warming up in your black leotard and red shirt with black writing on it. Killer (Allen Sands) our wonderful lighting technician has passed on as well, Sharon 'Poochie" Dupuch, Kim Nixon the show girl, Deacon Whyllie has fell asleep as well. Freddie Sales has also gone on, Have not heard about Linda Gloria and some others. I am happy for this opportunity and relish the privilege to chat with Chris and Lotzi kid again. Take Care and Gob Bless you and your families. .....Perry DeCosta.....

I was unable to get this on the blogger, please send to Chris for me please. I would live her email address. So, perhaps you can just forward it to her please.

Cheers
Perry DeCosta

1 comment:

sheila Jones said...

I have dug up an old photo album 1976...77.Backstage photos of many... Carla Thelma Gayle...and so on.
Sheila Jones
queenbeebab@hotmail.com